How this equality exist between time and distance and the velocity

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of a wormhole and its potential use for travel from one location to another. It also brings up the idea of measuring distance and time in relation to this hypothetical scenario. The question is posed about how physics and mathematics could explain the motion of a particle entering the wormhole at the speed of light. Some participants in the conversation suggest that the scenario is unrealistic and may not make sense in terms of basic physics.
karawan
Many times we heard about black holes and other holes differs from one hole to another . assume we have a hole where this hole trans you from place to place , inside this hole we do moves a distance and let's called it (h) . if you want to use this hole to move from Earth to sun for example , you do know that there is a distance from Earth to sun and let's called (d) . this (d) can be measured . now if you try to use the hole ;you move a distance (h) inside the hole which is equal to (d) which we habit to use . this equality does not mean that h/d=1 . because you use two different paths . now the time needs for the light to reach us is T which is the least time interval could be measure for particle moving from sun to Earth . but it seems to be difficult to understand how this equality exist between time and distance and the velocity . so what are you think ?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
I think you need to study some basic physics

thank you for advice ; ithink you read much more than i did , but if a particle has the speed of light enter this hole . i suppose you can tell me what kind of physics or mathematics can describe its motion .

phinds said:
I think you need to study some basic physics
I don't see any basic physics issue here. If you try harder to read the OP's post you'll maybe understand the question. I presume OP's native language is not English.

He is basically talking a bout a scenario where a wormhole would be between the Sun and Earth and sun rays coming thru the wormhole and around it. Maybe it's a relativity forum question.

kamenjar said:
I don't see any basic physics issue here.
Well, here's a basic physics issue right here:
kamenjar said:
a wormhole would be between the Sun and Earth .
This is fantasy. That's an issue.

DaveC426913 said:
Well, here's a basic physics issue right here:

This is fantasy. That's an issue.
That's not the topic, is it?. Replace Sun with "Point A" and Earth with "Point B" and question becomes arbitrary and "fantastic".

kamenjar said:
That's not the topic, is it?. Replace Sun with "Point A" and Earth with "Point B" and question becomes arbitrary and "fantastic".

I agree. The OP should rewrite his scenario so it makes sense. I can't really tell what he's trying to demonstrate.

1. How is the concept of time related to the concept of distance?

Time and distance are closely related in that they both represent measurements in space. Time measures the duration of events, while distance measures the amount of space between two objects or points. In terms of physics, time and distance are interdependent and can be used to calculate other important measurements such as velocity and acceleration.

2. What is the equation for velocity and how does it relate to time and distance?

The equation for velocity is v = d/t, where v represents velocity, d represents distance, and t represents time. This equation shows that velocity is directly proportional to distance and inversely proportional to time. In other words, as distance increases, velocity increases, and as time increases, velocity decreases.

3. Can time and distance ever be equal?

No, time and distance are two different measurements and cannot be equal. However, they can be equivalent in certain situations, such as when an object travels a certain distance in a specific amount of time. In this case, the distance and time may have different numerical values, but they are still considered equivalent because they represent the same measurement.

4. How does the speed of an object affect the relationship between time and distance?

The speed of an object directly influences the relationship between time and distance. As an object's speed increases, the distance it can travel in a certain amount of time also increases. This means that the time and distance measurements will have a larger difference between them, and therefore the velocity will also increase.

5. Is the equality between time and distance always constant?

No, the equality between time and distance is not always constant. This is because both time and distance can change over the course of an object's motion. For example, if an object is accelerating, the distance it travels in a certain amount of time will increase, resulting in a change in the equality between time and distance. Additionally, if an object is traveling at a constant velocity, the equality between time and distance will remain the same.