1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to get involved in time travel research?

1. Jul 10, 2010 #1
    Time travel is always something that has deeply interested me... the theory of relativity and modern physics have shed more light on what time is but, even today, is 'time travel' actually a respectable field of research on its own?
    Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 10, 2010 #2
    You're getting a little ahead (well, probably, way ahead) of your time.
    You may be interested in theoretical particle physics, sting theory, quantum gravity,....Check more on these fields.

4. Jul 10, 2010 #3

Landau

Science Advisor

Seems like a good thing, given the context.

5. Jul 10, 2010 #4
    lol ok... I guess the answer is no

6. Jul 10, 2010 #5
    General Relativity and Special Relativity ask fundamental questions involving the notion of time - I believe that gravitational physics and Special Relativity are the most similar to the study of time-travel and will satisfy your curiosity. The concept of working on time-travel experimentally is overly-speculative although many theories such as the Einstein-Rosen Bridge and modern Quantum Mechanics: Particle Physics, Superstring Theory and Loop Quantum Gravity address the notion of time, after all it is the most profound question.

7. Jul 18, 2010 #6
    Look up Dr. Ronald Mallett.

Discovery did a show about his work:

It looks like he works at the University of Connecticut, maybe you could go there and get a job with him.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook