How to increase COP and SCP of the absorption chiller

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
QFGreg
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Dear all,

I would to like to ask do anyone have any idea on how to increase the COP and SCP(Specific Cooling Power) of a silica gel absorption chiller?
COP= Heat removed by evaporator/ Heat supplied to system( normally is the hot water supplied to the absorption bed)

SCP= heat removed at evaporator/ mass of silica gel( 1 kg silica gel is being used in the experiment)*cycle time

Currently we have two bed of silica gel absorption bed, neither the faculty is willing to purchase extra absorption bed( which able to reduce the cycle time) nor change a bigger size of absorption bed ( which able to increase the mass of the silica gel to be put inside ).

I am wondering what can i do else to improved the efficiency, perhaps to change the better heat exchanger or anything else? @.@

Thank you everyone
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I would contact the manufacturer of the exchanger itself, they'll have the best ideas for their specific model.

Also, are you sure it's not adsorption? With Silica gel, I'd expect this to be an adsorption unit. Just trying to ensure you are using the proper term when discussing this in the future, as the two processes operate differently.