On page 7 of the document linked in post #4 (page 13 of the pdf), Meneghetti gives the metric for very small potential in nearly flat / Minkowski space. Ok, if I put a very small potential in the Schwarzschild metric, it should approach Minkowski. And if I then transform it from spherical to Cartesian coordinates I don’t get his results. I get a whole bunch of sines and cosines, and off-diagonal terms as one would expect. Then there is no direction I select (set of angles) that gives his exact diagonal matrix terms. For example, I can get his term for the xx term, but then the yy and zz terms are each 1 instead of his terms. Another direction gives me his term for yy, but then xx and zz diagonal terms are each 1, etc. It seems like there should be spherical symmetry, but I cannot get all 3 terms to equal his at once. Any idea what he is doing there? Thanks.