Can gravitational lensing detect Very small deviations in light propagation?

Precious Adegbite
TL;DR Summary
Can gravitational lensing detect Very small deviations in light propagation.
So normally with gravitational lensing Technique We get to see how spacetime curvature and gravitational waves affect propagation of light. So I got a questions:
(1) I know gravitational waves are caused by supernovas, collisions and other related actions, but would a quantum fluctuations that cause a quantum scale disturbance in Spacetime which affect light's propagation be detectable by small deviation in Light propagation by some special gravitational lensing techniques.

Physics news on Phys.org
Precious Adegbite said:
So I got a questions:

(1) I know gravitational waves are caused by supernovas, collisions and other related actions, but would a quantum fluctuations that cause a quantum scale disturbance in Spacetime which affect light's propagation be detectable by small deviation in Light propagation by some special gravitational lensing techniques.

(2)...

:wink:

Likes Precious Adegbite
Sorry it's just one question... shouldn't have used "questions"... thanks for pointing that out.

Likes berkeman
I know quantum fluctuations affects lights propagation, but is there a kind of Gravitational lensing technique to detect the small scale deviations.

Precious Adegbite said:
I know quantum fluctuations affects lights propagation
Can you please give a link to a source that discusses that? Thanks.

Likes Vanadium 50 and Precious Adegbite
Precious Adegbite said:
a quantum fluctuations that cause a quantum scale disturbance in Spacetime
...is something that we do not currently have any theory to describe (we would need a quantum theory of gravity and we don't have one). So we have no way of answering questions of this kind.

Likes vanhees71 and Precious Adegbite
Precious Adegbite said:
The arxiv preprint of this paper (which is accessible to those who can't get behind the paywall for the published version) is here:

https://arxiv.org/abs/physics/0010070

This paper does not justify your claim that you "know" that quantum fluctuations in spacetime affect light propagation. The paper is proposing a heuristic picture (i.e., not a full theory) to try to estimate what effects might be observable. Generally speaking, their results do not seem to me to hold out the prospect of actually testing anything along these lines any time soon; the estimated effect sizes are just too small.

Likes PeroK and vanhees71
Since we have neither a good theory nor any experimental evidence bearing on the OP question, it is not answerable at our current state of knowledge and technology. Therefore, this thread is closed.

Likes Precious Adegbite