1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to move fast and not get smooshed

1. Jan 7, 2012 #1
    bassically you need a nuclear or mega nuclear explosion in a chamber in the back of a ring space craft and use that as propulsion to fling it to the planet you wanna go (downside being at that momentum the ship will run head on into anything that gets in the way.

after this auto spin is enable that way it adjust to the g forces and spins accordingly creating manageable g forces

this idea is very naked needs more too it.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 8, 2012 #2
    The idea was first thought of in 1955 under the name of Project Orion

4. Jan 8, 2012 #3
    i didnt know that... fail. i dont read books on theory and stuff too boring but its fun to make stuff up... even the nuclear explosion chamber propulsion thing?

i know for a fact the ring with spin was already done

but theres no way that the nuclear explosion in a chamber forcing all that power outwards to make propulsion was my idea. if it wasnt thats pretty cool somone thought of it before me xD

edit: NO WAY!! i read your quote its really was thought of before id did thats epic xD i have hope for mankind xD i feel so cool now ^3^

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2012
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook