How to Prepare for a Quantum Mechanics Exam with Limited Resources?

  • Thread starter Thread starter black_hole
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Exam Study
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
black_hole
Messages
71
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



I've never had an exam before in this format. It's 50-min long for Quantum I. It will be mostly short answer with small computations. It's supposed to test our conceptual understanding.

I've been reviewing my notes, making sure I harp on the central ideas of quantum mechanics. But that doesn't seem like enough. I only have a small set of practice questions that the instructor provided. The way the course is taught, we've learned shrodinger eq, commmutator, particle in a box, ect. not entirely only barely using Dirac notation; it will be formily introduced to us following the exam. This is also the first exam. I think it might be the first time he's done it this way too. I've also been reviewing my hw's.

This test is making me nervous...suggestions?


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution

 
Physics news on Phys.org
This should be in the Academic Guidance section. But I wouldn't worry about it. If you are studying for the exam using your notes you'll probably do fine. Tests make everyone nervous. That's normal.
 
It seems to be a pretty standard format for an exam. What format are you used to?