1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to study for physics finals?

1. Dec 18, 2014 #1
    I have physics finals coming up and I need to study well. Do you have any recommendations while studying?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 18, 2014 #2

462chevelle

Gold Member

Do the 2 and 3 dot problems from the sections if your professor likes to give hard tests. If not you might pick some 1 dots that you can't do easily in your head.

4. Dec 18, 2014 #3
    Sorry, but the topics are: UAM, newton's laws of motion, UCM, momentum and conservation of energy. So how do I prepare?

5. Dec 18, 2014 #4

462chevelle

Gold Member

Make sure you understand elastic vs. inelastic collisions, kinematics problems are self explanatory, understand your forces directions and points. It's hard to say without knowing where you are at. One thing you can never go wrong with is just solving problems.

6. Dec 18, 2014 #5
    A professor from Buffalo State University made a fantastic studying guide. If it isn't taking up too much time of yours, here's the link, I suggest you skim through it. It has some useful information!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook