How to use mesh tally in MCNPX to calculate dose?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LeeGru
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Mcnpx Mesh
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
LeeGru
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hello,guys,
I wonder how to use mesh tally to calculate dose.I set a cylinder,and set the material of the cylinder.Then I want to divide a cylinder into smaller cylinders in a direction perpendicular to the z-axis.And I need to record the flux of each mesh,use dedf card to get dose.
I have tried to write a little bit, please help to see if it is correct and what needs to be added?
The radius of big cylinder is 7cm,length of it is 10cm,the radius of little cylinder is 7cm,too,the length of little cylinder is 1mm.
TMESH
CMESH1:n
CORA1 0.0 7 99r
CORB1 0 100i 10
CORC1 0 179r 360
ENDMD
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi,
after "CMESH1:n" you must put the keyword DOSE and the options (int iu and fact)
see 3.3.5.24.2 of the MCNP6 version 1.0 manual,
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Astronuc
PSRB191921 said:
Hi,
after "CMESH1:n" you must put the keyword DOSE and the options (int iu and fact)
see 3.3.5.24.2 of the MCNP6 version 1.0 manual,
Thank you!However,I don't have MCNP6.I'm using MCNPX,and could you tell me more details?
Thank you very much!
 
Hi
in MCNPX 2.5.0 manual (LA-CP-05-0369) see 5.6.22.2
For an another version of MCNPX try to search "TRACK-AVERAGED MESH TALLY" in the manual