How to write the following in LaTeX

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter TheCanadian
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, to write math equations in LaTeX, use the \begin{equation} and \end{equation} tags and symbols like ^, _, and \frac{}{}. For adding images, use the graphicx package and \includegraphics{} command. To create a table, use the tabular environment and add captions and labels with the table environment. For citations and references, use the cite{} command and include a bibliography section and bibtex package. To add a title and author, use the \title{} and \author{} commands and display them with \maketitle.
TheCanadian
Sorry if this question is too simple or inappropriate for this forum. I just saw this text in a pdf and was wondering how I can get the specific font they used for ##N##. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 6.06.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-27 at 6.06.18 PM.png
    890 bytes · Views: 486
Physics news on Phys.org
It should be possible with \mathbb{N} giving ##\mathbb{N}##. See more in this old post.

Likes TheCanadian
We have a newer version of that post here:

https://www.physicsforums.com/help/latexhelp/

which can also be found by scrolling down to the bottom of any page here, choosing HELP and then "Latex Primer".

Likes TheCanadian and Filip Larsen

1. How do I write math equations in LaTeX?

To write math equations in LaTeX, you can use the \begin{equation} and \end{equation} tags to start and end an equation. You can also use symbols like ^ for superscripts, _ for subscripts, and \frac{}{} for fractions. Remember to include the amsmath package in your document's preamble.

2. How do I add images in LaTeX?

You can add images in LaTeX by using the graphicx package and the \includegraphics{} command. Make sure to specify the image's file path and include the file extension. You can also use the figure environment to add captions and labels to your images.

3. How do I create a table in LaTeX?

To create a table in LaTeX, you can use the tabular environment and specify the number of columns and their alignment. You can also add borders and lines with \hline and | respectively. To add captions and labels, use the table environment.

4. How do I include citations and references in LaTeX?

To include citations and references in LaTeX, you can use the cite{} command to cite sources in your document. Make sure to include a bibliography section in your document's preamble and use the bibtex package. You can also use different citation styles by specifying them in the bibliographystyle{} command.

5. How do I add a title and author in LaTeX?

To add a title and author in LaTeX, you can use the \title{} and \author{} commands in the document's preamble. To display the title and author, use the \maketitle command in your document's body. You can also add a date with the \date{} command.