Hypothesis Test for Balanced Load on 6 I/O Channels - N = 150

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter TomJerry
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Test
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
TomJerry
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Question : A computer system has 6 I/O channels and the system personnel are reasonably certain that the load on channels is balanced. If X is random variable denoting the index of the channel to which a given I/O operations is directed , that its pmf is assumed to be uniformly distributed. Out of N=150 I/O operation onserved, the number of operations directed to various channels were:
n0 = 22 ; n1 = 23 ; n2 = 29 ; n3 = 31 ; n4 = 26 ; n5 = 19

Test the hypothesis that the load on channels is balanced at 5 percent level of significance.

Solution
I have used the [tex]\chi[/tex]2 = (O-E)2 / E

where O - obsevred and E is expected

Is this correct or should i be using some other method
 
Physics news on Phys.org
TomJerry said:
Question :

where O - obsevred and E is expected

Is this correct or should i be using some other method

You can use the chi square test [tex]\chi^2=\sum (O-E)^2/E[/tex] Do you know how to get E?
 
Last edited:
SW VandeCarr said:
You can use the chi square test [tex]\chi^2=\sum (O-E)^2/E[/tex] Do you know how to get E?

I have taken all the E = [tex]\Sigma[/tex]xi/6

Is that correct?
 
TomJerry said:
I have taken all the E = [tex]\Sigma[/tex]xi/6

Is that correct?

Yes. If each I/O is taken as equally probable, 150/6=25=E.
 
SW VandeCarr said:
Yes. If each I/O is taken as equally probable, 150/6=25=E.

Thanks
 
If you're being sarcastic, why did you ask for confirmation in the first place?
 
Last edited: