I am probably going to be critizied for this, but
- Level: High School
- Thread starter modeman
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
34 replies · 8K views
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Ophiolite
- 484
- 274
The following was addressed to SpaceTiger
I would also be interested in your evidence for saying Newton and da Vinci were considered crackpots. That runs counter to everything I have read about either man.
Are you not confusing objective, balanced scepticism with cynicism. From an independent perspective your posts seem considerably more cynical than those of SpaceTiger.Crazy8s said:Go back and re-read your cynical post. You will see about what I refer.
I would also be interested in your evidence for saying Newton and da Vinci were considered crackpots. That runs counter to everything I have read about either man.
daveb
- 548
- 2
I find it difficult to find anything credible in any portion of the zetatalk website. This is the website founded by a woman who claims to talk to aliens and other subjects beyond even the realm of pseudoscience.
vincentm
- 322
- 3
To be honest i don't know how i came across this site, but i am glad i did. I think i can pretty much say its safe to say that the experts here are very competent in the fields of science that they do post about on here. Please note that i don't post much here i mostly read and i will be starting school and hopefully later i will be able to contribute a bit more to the discussions that do take place on this wonderful site.DrChinese said:And THAT is why I like PhysicsForums!
And I am especially glad that the same crackpots cannot peddle their wares here.
physicsforums, does rule
Danger
Gold Member
- 9,805
- 251
Not at all.EL said:The first two good points I ever make at PF?
I always enjoy reading your posts. Just never mentioned it before.
Similar threads
- flyingpig
- · Replies 29 ·
- Calculus and Beyond Homework Help
- Replies
- 29
- blip
- · Replies 15 ·
- Mechanics
- Replies
- 15
- Coin
- · Replies 4 ·
- Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology
- Replies
- 4
High School
How Does an IEC Fusion Reactor Work?
- kubaanglin
- · Replies 19 ·
- High Energy, Nuclear, Particle Physics
- Replies
- 19
- guguma
- · Replies 19 ·
- STEM Career Guidance
- Replies
- 19
- syrf3763
- · Replies 8 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 8
- usp8riot
- · Replies 1 ·
- Mechanics
- Replies
- 1
- mathwonk
- · Replies 110 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 110
- John Baez
- · Replies 20 ·
- MATLAB, Maple, Mathematica, LaTeX
- Replies
- 20