I can't putt, but I drive better than Tiger Woods.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jimmy Snyder
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Drive
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
13 replies · 3K views
Jimmy Snyder
Messages
1,137
Reaction score
22
Apparently Tiger Woods is interested in the LHC. Perhaps he thinks it will help him in his game.http://blog.taragana.com/sports/2009/12/05/tiger-woods-drives-physics-books-sales-sky-high-53288/"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
jimmysnyder said:
Apparently Tiger Woods is interested in the LHC. Perhaps he thinks it will help him in his game.http://blog.taragana.com/sports/2009/12/05/tiger-woods-drives-physics-books-sales-sky-high-53288/"
or it my help with his extra-curricula activities. :-p
 
Last edited by a moderator:
russ_watters said:
I need to get a set of whatever golf clubs Elin is using so I can beat Tiger too!
She should have taken a mashie to his niblick. Take him out of commission for a while. BTW, the count is now up to 4 bimbos.
 
The bimbo-tally is now 7 (and climbing?) - the latest is a porn star. Apparently the invincible Mr. Woods likes his sex "unprotected", leaving Elin at risk for STDs. If these latest claims hold up, he'd better start learning how to live on prize money, because the endorsement deals will dry up pretty fast.
 
Gatorade has already dropped him (his Tiger Woods drink).
 
Somehow I can't see his face appearing on Wheaties boxes much longer, either, so likely "good-bye General Mills."
 
Reporters are going nuts with this. I can't believe sponsors are dropping him, this is worse than the Phelps thing. I just saw a feature article in Sports Illustrated explaining why the media is going too far with him. Hypocrisy at it's finest. God, I love mainstream media. And the fact that the story ties into physics/the LHC is the icing on the cake with all of the "black holes are going to suck up the earth" garbage I had to hear a while back.
 
Codester09 said:
I can't believe sponsors are dropping him...
Are they? I hadn't heard that.
I just saw a feature article in Sports Illustrated explaining why the media is going too far with him. Hypocrisy at it's finest. God, I love mainstream media.
I disagree. When you make 90% of your money from endorsements and your ad campaigns include little kids saying "I am Tiger Woods", your character is a critical part of how you make your money. Tiger Woods would not have become the money making machine he is today if people hadn't believed he was a good guy.
 
russ_watters said:
I don't see what the thread has to do with relationships...

It does have a bit to do with relations, though.
 
russ_watters said:
Please check the renewal date on your sarcasm detector's calibration certificate. :wink:

Okay, okay. Maybe we need a new mirror universe forum on anti-relationships? And when the two meet, there is complete lawyer-brokered anhi... anihila... (a little help here?)