I do not know what to major in But I love math

  • Topic: Programs 
  • Thread starter Thread starter bigtexas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Love Major
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
bigtexas
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
First of all, I love math, but i am only in calculus 1. and i hear that a math degree isn't really like calculus, once you get into the analysis and theory of math it can be very different, at least that's what i hear.

how can i figure out if a math major is for me, or if engineering is a better route.

thanks
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Easy take an intro to proofs class. If you like it then math is for you.
 
It's also worth mentioning that not all schools have a course titled "intro to proofs" or some variant of it. Ask the math department to make sure. Courses such as Linear Algebra or an Introduction to Number Theory that can serve as gateways to upper division mathematics and proof techniques. It will depend on the university you're attending.