I do not understand Variable density

In summary, the conversation discusses the need for a link or explanation on variable density, specifically in relation to probability density functions and qubits. The suggested resources include studying statistics at a college or university level and researching the Fokker-Planck equation.
Acadeus
Hey forum

I need to ask for a link to a page for Variable density or preferably an explanation from someone who can describe it simply. I am trying to teach myself about the function of Qubits and have run into probability density functions and cannot find a good reference on what exactly is a variable density. If anyone can provide help that would be appreciated

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
If your question has to do with probability distributions, then you will need to study statistics at the college or university level (yes, calculus will be necessary).

This article discusses probability distributions: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability_density_function

There are several other related articles.

I think SteamKing is pointing in the right direction, but it is even more complicated I'm afraid. You will also need to know about the Fokker-Planck equation, which is an equation for the time evolution of the probability density function. The solution of this equation gives you the probability that a qubit is in a certain state.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fokker–Planck_equation

People that know more about qubits can probably tell you that it's more complicated than this...

1. What is variable density?

Variable density is a measure of the amount of mass contained in a given volume. In other words, it is a way to describe how much "stuff" is present in a specific space.

2. Why is variable density important in science?

Variable density is important in science because it helps us understand the distribution of matter in different systems and how that affects their behavior. It is particularly useful in fields such as fluid mechanics, geology, and astronomy.

3. How is variable density calculated?

Variable density is calculated by dividing the mass of an object or substance by its volume. The resulting number is the density, which can then be compared to other substances to determine their relative densities.

4. What are some real-world applications of variable density?

Variable density has many practical applications, such as in weather forecasting where it is used to understand the movement of air masses. It is also important in the study of ocean currents, as well as in the design of structures such as bridges and buildings.

5. Can variable density change over time?

Yes, variable density can change over time. This is often seen in natural systems, such as changes in the density of air due to temperature fluctuations or changes in the density of water due to changes in salinity or temperature. It can also be intentionally changed through processes such as mixing or compression.