I have created my thread in a wrong section

• Thread starter Niles
  • Start date
In summary, if you accidentally create your thread in the wrong section, it is best to contact a moderator or administrator to move it to the correct section. It is not recommended to delete and repost the thread. To avoid creating threads in the wrong section in the future, make sure to read the forum rules and guidelines carefully and ask for clarification if needed.
Niles
Hi

I was too careless and created my thread in the wrong section. I suggest it is moved to "Homework & Coursework Questions", under "Calculus & Beyond Homework". Sorry for the inconvenience...

Physics news on Phys.org
Off with his head!

Office_Shredder said:
Off with his head!

it's "His" to you!

Last edited:
I can move it, but don't be surprised if you get an infraction for not using the template :devil:

You can use Report button in such cases.

Thanks, I will do that

1. What should I do if I accidentally created my thread in the wrong section?

If you have created your thread in the wrong section, the best course of action is to contact a moderator or administrator to move the thread to the correct section. They have the ability to move threads and will be able to assist you.

2. Can I just delete the thread and repost it in the correct section?

It is generally not recommended to delete and repost a thread in the correct section. This can create confusion and clutter on the forum. It is best to contact a moderator or administrator to move the thread for you.

3. How do I know if I have created my thread in the wrong section?

If you are unsure about whether or not you have created your thread in the wrong section, you can check the forum rules and guidelines to see if your thread topic fits within the section you posted in. You can also ask for feedback from other forum members.

4. Will my thread still be visible if it is moved to the correct section?

Yes, your thread will still be visible and accessible to other forum members if it is moved to the correct section. It will simply be relocated to the appropriate section for better organization and clarity.

5. How can I avoid creating my thread in the wrong section in the future?

To avoid creating your thread in the wrong section, make sure to read the forum rules and guidelines carefully before posting. If you are still unsure, you can always ask for clarification from a moderator or administrator. Additionally, you can use the search function to see if there is already a thread on your topic in a specific section before creating a new one.