1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Studying I need a physics mentor! (Astrophysics or Theoretical)

1. May 18, 2016 #1
    Hello all, I am an aspiring physicist, however I am only in high school, and I live in Idaho, I need an adviser. Someone who can tell me what I need to know, best ways to learn things, and how to get to where I want to be. Any help is appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. May 18, 2016 #2

ProfuselyQuarky

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Wouldn't this be something that you ask your parents or teachers at school about? Are you assigned a faculty advisor?

(just asking)

4. May 18, 2016 #3
    I have asked my teachers they recommended that I check online as there is not many physicists in Idaho, and my parents have no clue. I am not assigned a faculty adviser.

5. May 18, 2016 #4

ProfuselyQuarky

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Wait, so you're looking for an actual physicist to help mentor you?

6. May 18, 2016 #5

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

This PF discussion forum is a great resource for what you are seeking. Just spend some time reading through all the threads that are already here -- you will find answers or clues to most of your questions. Then, if you still have a question that hasn't already been asked & answered, post it in the appropriate forum and you should get good responses. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted