I suggest a faq for this subforum

• Thread starter mxbob468
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of implementing a FAQ section for commonly asked questions in the forum, such as inquiries about getting into prestigious universities, concerns about being "too dumb" for certain fields, and whether pursuing certain subfields will lead to financial success. The idea is suggested to have experienced forum members, specifically experimentalists, write up the answers for these questions in a sarcastic and humorous tone.
mxbob468
this might not be the right place for forum suggestions but this is certainly the forum where these suggestions should be implemented...

can we a get a faq (and concomitant deletions) for these topics:

can i get into harvard/stanford/cambridge/oxford/mit?

am i too dumb for physics/math/engineering?

is this course load to difficult (or its deceptive cousin 'is this course load to easy')?

will i be rich if i pursue ____(esoteric subfield of physics/math/engineering)?

i got an A- can i still get into harvard/mit/stanford/heaven?

which is the best university for ____ ?

i volunteer vanadium50 and twofish to write up most of the answers

Physics news on Phys.org
mxbob468 said:
this might not be the right place for forum suggestions but this is certainly the forum where these suggestions should be implemented...

can we a get a faq (and concomitant deletions) for these topics:

can i get into harvard/stanford/cambridge/oxford/mit?

am i too dumb for physics/math/engineering?

is this course load to difficult (or its deceptive cousin 'is this course load to easy')?

will i be rich if i pursue ____(esoteric subfield of physics/math/engineering)?

i got an A- can i still get into harvard/mit/stanford/heaven?

which is the best university for ____ ?

i volunteer vanadium50 and twofish to write up most of the answers

If you have the idea, you should do it yourself. Take the initiative. You can quote previous posts by ZapperZ, Van50, twofish and others.

Norman said:
If you have the idea, you should do it yourself. Take the initiative. You can quote previous posts by ZapperZ, Van50, twofish and others.

oh the tone of any such post that i write would be way to sarcastic and facetious. best to let the professionals do it.

I'd like to have my kitchen remodeled. Can I volunteer a few PFers to do the work for me? Experimentalists, preferably, since I'm not sure that the theoreticians really have what it takes for this sort of hands-on work.

TMFKAN64 said:
I'd like to have my kitchen remodeled. Can I volunteer a few PFers to do the work for me? Experimentalists, preferably, since I'm not sure that the theoreticians really have what it takes for this sort of hands-on work.

If it works out for you, I am next in line! And I agree on the experimentalists side.

What is a FAQ?

A FAQ, or frequently asked questions, is a document that contains a list of commonly asked questions and their corresponding answers. It is often used as a reference for individuals seeking information about a particular topic.

Why do you suggest a FAQ for this subforum?

I suggest a FAQ for this subforum because it can provide a comprehensive and organized source of information for individuals who are new to the subforum. It can also help reduce the number of repetitive questions and provide quick answers for common inquiries.

Who will create and maintain the FAQ?

The FAQ can be created and maintained by the moderators or a group of knowledgeable individuals within the subforum. It is important to regularly update and review the FAQ to ensure its accuracy and relevance.

How can I contribute to the FAQ?

If you have suggestions for new questions or answers to existing questions, you can reach out to the moderators or the designated individuals in charge of the FAQ. They will review your contribution and determine if it is relevant and helpful for the subforum.

Can I still ask questions if there is a FAQ?

Yes, you can still ask questions even if there is a FAQ. The FAQ is meant to supplement and assist with common questions, but it does not cover every possible inquiry. If you have a question that is not addressed in the FAQ, you are still encouraged to ask it in the appropriate thread or create a new post.