Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I want to find the vector components of an MRI pixel -- How?

1. Oct 27, 2015 #1
    I have a Dicom Image that is interpreted as an array. Each cell is a pixel. Each pixel has a value. I want to find the vector components (x,y,z) of a pixel. Specifically, I want to find magnetic field vectors for each pixel. The image is for H1 atoms. Freq = 297, B0 = 3.

How would you do this and can you show a sample calculation?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 27, 2015 #2

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I'm not really an MRI guy, but are you asking about a map of magnetic field inhomogeneities?

I would expect the voxels within a DICOM MRI image set to translate directly into a T1 or a T2 parameter or something like that. In DICOM format they're probably stored as some kind of integer value that gets multiplied by a scaling factor that's in the header. You would need more information to go from the pixel values to a magnetic field map, I would think. Is the image of a phantom with known, spatially uniform properties?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook