I want to find the vector components of an MRI pixel -- How?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
mriphysics
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I have a Dicom Image that is interpreted as an array. Each cell is a pixel. Each pixel has a value. I want to find the vector components (x,y,z) of a pixel. Specifically, I want to find magnetic field vectors for each pixel. The image is for H1 atoms. Freq = 297, B0 = 3.

How would you do this and can you show a sample calculation?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
I'm not really an MRI guy, but are you asking about a map of magnetic field inhomogeneities?

I would expect the voxels within a DICOM MRI image set to translate directly into a T1 or a T2 parameter or something like that. In DICOM format they're probably stored as some kind of integer value that gets multiplied by a scaling factor that's in the header. You would need more information to go from the pixel values to a magnetic field map, I would think. Is the image of a phantom with known, spatially uniform properties?