I want to see the peak for an explosive detector simulation in MCNP

  • Thread starter Thread starter kg09889
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 3K views
kg09889
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
TL;DR
I put some background radiation to make it more realistic, but I can't see the peak.
I'm trying to find explosives using a 14MeV neutron generator. The main energies I'll see are 4.43MeV of carbon, 5.11MeV of nitrogen, and 6.13MeV of oxygen. These are all prompt gamma rays that come from reacting with fast neutrons. I've tried shielding with 2cm thick lead to see the peak of this energy, but I can't see it very well... What should I do? I share the code and geometry I made.
Please help me...

스크린샷 2025-04-04 003825.png
 
Attachments
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org