I would like to add a relevant information to a closed thread

• Thread starter anuszka
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about adding a reply to a closed thread on a forum. The original poster wants to add relevant information to the thread and provides a link to a solution for a general problem. The other participant suggests using the "report button" for situations like this and opens the thread for the original poster to reply.
anuszka
Is it possible to add a reply to this closed thread?
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=655393
I would like to add a relevant information (someone may look for it):

-----------------

A more general problem has been solved here, for [itex]1/(1+cx^n)[/itex] and [itex]1/(1+cx)^n[/itex], for any [itex]n[/itex]:
http://www.pnas.org/content/107/51/22096.full.pdf+html?with-ds=yes

You can find there the explicit formula for the probability density function, the monotonicity properties of the pdf, the first and second moments for [itex]n=1[/itex] and [itex]n=2[/itex].

Physics news on Phys.org
I think for situations like this, you should click on the "report button" and write there.

Last edited:
I have opened the thread, so you can post your reply. Feel free to use the report button when something like this comes up.

Thenk you.

What does it mean to add relevant information to a closed thread?

Adding relevant information to a closed thread means providing additional information or updates to a discussion or topic that has already been closed or concluded.

Why is it important to add relevant information to a closed thread?

Adding relevant information to a closed thread allows for the discussion to be updated with new information or developments, providing a more complete and accurate understanding of the topic for future readers.

Can I add my own personal opinions or beliefs to a closed thread?

It is best to stick to factual information when adding relevant information to a closed thread. Personal opinions or beliefs may not contribute to the discussion and can be seen as biased or irrelevant.

What should I do if I want to add relevant information to a closed thread but do not have permission?

If you do not have permission to add relevant information to a closed thread, you can reach out to the moderator or author of the thread and ask for their approval. Alternatively, you can also start a new thread or discussion on the same topic.

How can I ensure that the relevant information I add to a closed thread is accurate and reliable?

It is important to fact-check and verify the information you are adding before posting it in a closed thread. Use credible sources and provide links or references to support the information you are adding. If possible, consult with experts or other reliable sources to ensure the accuracy of the information.