I would like to say hi to everyone.

• Thread starter ferdielicous
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hi
In summary, Ferdie is a 21-year-old student from California who is currently studying acting in the Philippines. He came to the site to meet new people and learn new things. Some members welcomed him and expressed interest in seeing him act. Others mentioned a "ceremony" for newbies involving fish. Ferdie thanked everyone for the warm welcome and said he would be more active on the site after his thesis.
ferdielicous
I would like to say hi to everyone.
I like to know more people that is why I landed here in this site hoping that I will learn a lot of things.(so first things first,) Since i started this thread,Let me say something about myself..

I am Ferdie, 21 years of age.I am born in California but I am currently staying in the Philippines, which is my parents' birth country. I been staying here for almost a year since I am taking up acting classes in the International Academy of Film and Television (IAFT).My parents decide to have my studies here so that I can experience their culture and also to aid us from our financial difficulties and so far, I been having great time with my studies, in fact, I am still amazed with everything in here. The culture and the people in our school still fascinates me until and I can really that I am having the time of my life here in this side of the world.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi ferdielicous - welcome to PF!

Hi ferdielicous, you will like it here.

Welcome, ferdielicous. Nice to see a happy person for one. Would be nice if we could see you acting.

Hello, hi, etc :biggrin:

Andre said:
Would be nice if we could see you acting.

I second this. Any youtube clips?

Hi guys!

Thanks for the warm welcome.. I'm so happy that i found this site, you guys are awesome! by the way, some of you said, you want to see me acting? (only if you will visit me in my school here in the Philippines... joke) I don't have video clip ready yet, but for you guys, I'll upload for you... I need to arrange my video clips because some of them are still with my mentors and classmates yet.. Until then guys! xoxo

Dear ferdielicous,

you probably don't know that yet, but we have a ceremony for newbies here on PF. It will start slowly and burst suddenly in a blast. I suggest you sit, have a drink and make yourself comfortable. I hope you like fish ! Do you ?

Welcome!

Attachments

• fishslap.gif
    fishslap.gif
    586 bytes · Views: 483
Hi humanino,

What do u mean by ceremonies for newbies? and i don't love fish...

The PF sisters like to hunt down new members and slap them with fish as a "welcome" of sorts. If you're nice, they will use small non-poisonous fish that are not frozen hard as a rock. BTW, welcome!

Fish_slap_emoticon.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
So ferdielicous, even though you don't like fish...do you have a favorite? Like, maybe a favorite aquarium fish?

Welcome ferdielicous!

Hello Ferdie, Welcome to PF. :D.

And if you're active enough, i hope you like this place as much as your academy.

Thank you so much for all the Welcomes :- ) I appreciated it... After my thesis for sure i will hang-on much often here...

1. What is the purpose of saying "hi" to everyone?

The purpose of saying "hi" to everyone is to greet and acknowledge the presence of others. It is a way to show friendliness and establish a positive connection with others.

2. Is saying "hi" to everyone important?

Yes, saying "hi" to everyone is important because it promotes social interaction and can help create a welcoming and inclusive environment.

3. Should I say "hi" to everyone, even if I don't know them?

It is not necessary to say "hi" to everyone if you don't know them, but it is a polite gesture to acknowledge their presence and can potentially lead to new introductions and conversations.

4. How can saying "hi" to everyone positively impact my mood?

Saying "hi" to everyone can positively impact your mood by creating a sense of social connection and belonging. It can also lead to potential positive interactions and experiences with others.

5. Are there any cultural considerations when saying "hi" to everyone?

Yes, it is important to be aware of cultural norms and customs when saying "hi" to everyone. In some cultures, different forms of greeting may be more appropriate, such as a bow or handshake. It is always a good idea to research and respect the customs of the culture you are in.