Identify Primary Consumer in Waters off Coast of Peru

  • Thread starter Thread starter AngelShare
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Earth
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
AngelShare
Messages
208
Reaction score
0
I hope http://h1.ripway.com/Majo/MarineBiologyPic.bmp" loads...if it does, could someone direct me to a site that'd tell me what that is?

As we have seen in this module, the waters off the coast of Peru are special indeed. Can you name the important Primary Consumer in the above pictures? It's not necessary to name the specific species.

I scanned over the topics of each lesson and none mentiond Peru...so, I settled for rereading several articles I was linked to and I'm still not entirely sure.

I eliminated phytoplankton so that'd also eliminate diatoms, right? I, at one point, thought it was a Copepod because of a picture on http://www.biosbcc.net/ocean/marinesci/03ecology/mlplankton.htm" here but I need the points for this assignment...I wasn't sure if I should submit that answer.:frown:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I think your copepod guess is on the right track. Some sort of shrimp.