If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Thread starter Cyrus
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
82 replies · 18K views
Physics news on Phys.org
VashtiMaiden
- 35
- 0
DaleSpam said:Home! (I do more than enough traveling for work).
Home is the best place. haha.
VashtiMaiden
- 35
- 0
But I also wanted to go to Japan.
Jimmy Snyder
- 1,137
- 22
Casablanca. For the waters.
qspeechc
- 839
- 15
Antigua, Venezuela, Columbia or Russia.
There has to be at least one cold place there...
There has to be at least one cold place there...
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
You were misinformed.jimmysnyder said:Casablanca. For the waters.
Schrodinger's Dog
- 840
- 7
I'd love to visit every country in the world at least once.
tribdog
- 779
- 17
Hogwart's
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
hypatia said:I could really use someplace warm and sunny, a few drinks with fancy straws. My level of stress is maxed out right now.
We need to have a sisterhood retreat. I'm thinking maybe we should go somewhere with one of those fancy swim-up pool bars.
http://z.about.com/d/honeymoons/1/0/_/Y/05SwimUpBar.jpg
Last edited by a moderator:
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
I'm worried about the pools that have swim-up bars. If the patrons won't get out from time to time to answer the call of nature, the water is going to be high in "contaminants".Math Is Hard said:We need to have a sisterhood retreat. I'm thinking maybe we should go somewhere with one of those fancy swim-up pool bars.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,050
- 614
[/URL]Math Is Hard said:We need to have a sisterhood retreat. I'm thinking maybe we should go somewhere with one of those fancy swim-up pool bars.
http://z.about.com/d/honeymoons/1/0/_/Y/05SwimUpBar.jpg
Oh yeah! Swim-up bars :!)...what brilliant person thought of those! Daiquiris, pina coladas...mmmm.
Last edited by a moderator:
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 4,411
- 552
Is Skylab in the world, if it is i would go there, just for a day.
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
No, you can drink from the pool and get urine for free. Alcohol has to be metabolized and does not leave the body in that fashion.Kurdt said:Swim to the bar? pffft! Sounds like too much work. Plus like turbo says, you can drink the pool and get drunk for free
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
The nice thing about swim-up bars is when you fall off the barstool you don't get hurt. 
lisab, have you ever had a Blue Hawaiian?

lisab, have you ever had a Blue Hawaiian?
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,859
- 6
turbo-1 said:No, you can drink from the pool and get urine for free. Alcohol has to be metabolized and does not leave the body in that fashion.
Well I was thinking about the swimming back with the glass in your teeth.
Is a blue Hawaiian some kind of Smurf?
Poop-Loops
- 732
- 1
Math Is Hard said:The nice thing about swim-up bars is when you fall off the barstool you don't get hurt.![]()
No, but if you pass out drunk you might die.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
It's a very frou frou drink. It comes with umbrellas and fruit and flowers and flamingos sticking out of it.Kurdt said:Is a blue Hawaiian some kind of Smurf?
Poop-Loops said:No, but if you pass out drunk you might die.
That's why there's lifeguards.

Last edited:
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
Aloha!
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
It's beautiful! Do they get the water out of the pool, and is there a minimum urae concentration that they have to adhere to?Math Is Hard said:![]()
Aloha!
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
turbo-1 said:It's beautiful! Do they get the water out of the pool, and is there a minimum urae concentration that they have to adhere to?
turbo, if you don't stop we're going to throw you in the kiddie pool! (the water is nice and warm in there.)

halfANDhalf
- 13
- 0
go to seoul, korea. i went there in the summer before 7th grade with my mom and sis, nice place if u go to Iteawon (i think it is correct spelling), a district in seoul, you can get black market clothes from abercrombie and hollister lol i found that out when i was with my mom just all u have to do is go to stores that sell clothes adn ask if the sell abercrombie and don't say your police tho lol DO IT!
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
I'm a bit nervous about the eColi level, though.Math Is Hard said:turbo, if you don't stop we're going to throw you in the kiddie pool! (the water is nice and warm in there.)![]()
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
[/URL]Math Is Hard said:We need to have a sisterhood retreat. I'm thinking maybe we should go somewhere with one of those fancy swim-up pool bars.
http://z.about.com/d/honeymoons/1/0/_/Y/05SwimUpBar.jpg
Woo hoo! Now THAT'S what I'm talking about as a relaxing vacation.
Last edited by a moderator:
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
Math Is Hard said:![]()
Aloha!
I love blue drinks! If I go someplace warm and sunny, I always like to get a blue drink. Somehow, that just defines a good vacation for me.
(Another month and a half until I'm in Hawaii!
Math Is Hard said:turbo, if you don't stop we're going to throw you in the kiddie pool! (the water is nice and warm in there.)![]()
turbo
Gold Member
- 3,181
- 57
You stop that MB! When my cousin's nieces started showing up with kids in diapers, I converted to pond/lake only swimming very quickly! No pools for me!Moonbear said:I love blue drinks! If I go someplace warm and sunny, I always like to get a blue drink. Somehow, that just defines a good vacation for me.![]()
(Another month and a half until I'm in Hawaii!)
![]()
![]()
![]()
Similar threads
- Ivan Seeking
- · Replies 18 ·
- Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology
- Replies
- 18
- jasc15
- · Replies 9 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 9