Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?

1. Apr 11, 2008 #1
    Where would you go, why, and what would you do?

I dont know, I need a vacation when school ends. I dont know, but throw ideas around. Id be interested to know, even if I dont go anywhere. I might just sit at home on my ass for an entire week, god that would be good.....

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 11, 2008 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

4. Apr 11, 2008 #3

berkeman

Fiji. I've heard from some friends that the scuba diving and free diving are spectacular. Gotta love that warm water -- a Speedo and a dive knife are all that you have to wear.

5. Apr 11, 2008 #4

Dale

Home! (I do more than enough traveling for work).

6. Apr 11, 2008 #5
    Does it have to be anywhere in the world, or can it be anywhere in the Universe?

The Moon! :biggrin:

7. Apr 11, 2008 #6

turbo

Gold Member

Maui.

8. Apr 11, 2008 #7

turbo

Gold Member

Good answer, Dale! When I was running my own consulting business, I sometimes spent more time in the deep South than I did at home. Getting back home for my wife and her home-cooked meals and sleeping in our own bed could seem pretty precious.

9. Apr 11, 2008 #8

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Some beach in the Caribbean that has cocktails.

10. Apr 11, 2008 #9

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

11. Apr 11, 2008 #10

Evo

Me too. The Evo Child's best friend's family rented a place on a private island in the Carribean a couple of years ago and took her. No crowds, they had everything to themselves. They had their own boat, so they could go exploring all of the little islands, ski, snorkle... <sigh>

12. Apr 11, 2008 #11

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A private Island would be lovely.

As long as it had a cocktail bar.

13. Apr 11, 2008 #12
    the Canaries, no doubt, the best climate all year around. Neither too hot nor too cold and the best island, La Palma, not in the first place for having an outstanding observatory.

14. Apr 11, 2008 #13

turbo

Gold Member

My cousin and his wife typically vacation in the Carribean. They book their flights, arrange for the rental of a sail-boat, and pay to have it provisioned to their specs. They cruise around, island-hopping, anchoring and rowing in to enjoy secluded beaches or snorkeling reefs and coves. A week or two later, they are back home, tanned and relaxed with lots of great pictures.

15. Apr 11, 2008 #14
    I'd like to go where the government is keeping and working on all the 'found' alien technology, artifacts, and remnants.

----
    vacation in Caribbean, Mexico, Bahamas, backyard, etc. with some nice caring woman

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  16. Apr 11, 2008 #15
    I could really use someplace warm and sunny, a few drinks with fancy straws. My level of stress is maxed out right now.

17. Apr 11, 2008 #16

wolram

Gold Member

Stay at home and make models, much better than cavorting all over world wasting fuel.

18. Apr 12, 2008 #17
    Ireland-I think it would be such a neat place to go since family on my mom's side is from there. Specifically Galway.

19. Apr 12, 2008 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hmm... *Moonbear contemplates whether she should answer where SHE would go, or suggest someplace to send Cyrus.* :biggrin:

I alternate between desiring vacations in places where there are lots of things to actively do and see...visit some European city, for example, and travel around the surrounding area, find the restaurants the locals eat at (rather than the tourist places), or go hiking, or camping, or visit rainforests or go trail riding on horseback, etc. Those are the vacations that are great fun, but you return needing a vacation from your vacation to catch up on rest after all that activity. And, then, sometimes I just want to go to some all-inclusive resort on a beach...doesn't matter where because they all look pretty much the same...and just relax out lounging by a pool, getting drinks from the bar in the pool, and not doing anything more strenuous than turning pages of trashy novels.

20. Apr 12, 2008 #19
    Cyrus, go to TIKRIT, great place. You will love it.

marlon

21. Apr 12, 2008 #20
    When are you coming to DC?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?