Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

If you had a possible explanation on dark energy.

Tags:
  1. Dec 12, 2012 #1
    If you had a possible explanation on dark energy.........

As the title tries to suggest, what would be the best way to get opinions on my idea of dark energy, without sounding like a kook?

I spend probably spend 2-10 hrs a day either thinking, reading or watching documentaries about the cosmos. I am completely fascinated about it. Although I was never very good with calculus or physics while studying to be an engineer, I fell in love with cosmology.

Most of my thoughts are pretty random, but sometimes I can stay focus and do some decent thought experiments that seem to allow me to understand things a bit more than just reading or watching it, but to actually run the scenario through my mind.

I would like to know why my idea could be right, or even wrong, it doesn't matter to me, but this idea on dark energy has been consuming my mind for at least the last few weeks and I need to move on.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 12, 2012 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Re: If you had a possible explanation on dark energy.........

Welcome to PF.

I'm sorry to say, but in physics if your idea has no math, it has no value whatsoever. So my first suggestion is that you must learn math.

Second, no useful idea in science ever develops without a thorough knowledge of what is already known. More to the point, few people will want to waste their time dealing with random, idle speculation when if the person had been educated, they could answer their questions and at least start to analyze the idea themselves. And as a policy, we don't do that here because it is a waste of our time and a backwards approach to science.

4. Dec 12, 2012 #3

jedishrfu

Welcome to PF!

We don't discuss speculative ideas here. This forum mainly focuses on helping students learn STEM related topics. If you had specific questions about STEM stuff you've read or seen then we could help answer them here but we don't debate or discuss personal theories of science.

5. Dec 13, 2012 #4

Thank you for the reply. I most definitely did not want to break any rules with my first post.

I will just continue to read the discussions on this forum, thanks

6. Dec 13, 2012 #5

jedishrfu

and please do ask questions and contribute whenever you can.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook