I'm getting an error during installation of ARPACK library for Windows

  • Thread starter Thread starter patric44
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 4K views
patric44
Messages
308
Reaction score
40
TL;DR
I need to install the ARPACK library for windows
hi all
I am trying to install the ARPACK library for windows (another program needs the library for calculations) , I download a arpack96.tar.gz file that i found online , downloaded "make" and the mingw-gfortran and all that, modified the ARmake and the Makefile, but when i try the command "make lib" it shows the following error :
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
Makefile:57: recipe for target 'arpacklib' failed
make: *** [arpacklib] Error 2
has any one encountered the same error when trying to install ARPACK on windows, also do I need LAPACK and BLAS, because in the ARPACK folder it already has both files in its directory.
I will appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

also cant i just download an already "maked lib" library instead of going through all that hassle!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If you encounter the error message "make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified," it usually indicates that one of the required tools or files is not in your system's PATH or is missing
 
FiliusAstro said:
If you encounter the error message "make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified," it usually indicates that one of the required tools or files is not in your system's PATH or is missing
the folder of the ARPACK does not contain any folder named "arpacklib" is that the missing folder?where do i get it