Images not loading in the lower part of the page in my browser (at wordpress.com)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Swamp Thing
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3 replies · 2K views
Swamp Thing
Insights Author
Messages
1,076
Reaction score
844
Images lower down in this page ...
https://johncarlosbaez.wordpress.com/2025/12/26/the-mathematics-of-tuning-systems/
... don't load in my browser. I have verified that their URLs are valid and I can view them in a new tab using Dev Tools.

How can I force the browser to load all images? Or to download as a "Webpage, complete" on disk with images in a folder? The latter option also does not show the lower-down images right now.

Ctrl+Shift+R doesn't help. Nor does it help to reaload with the "broken image" icon scrolled into view. Some search results state that this has to do with "lazy loading". But these images are not tagged load=lazy or similar.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Try another web browser or reboot your system to see if the browser was in a wonky state,

On MacOS, I was able to export as PDF and save as a webarchive. The PDF file was viewable via the Preview app and the webarchive file via Safari.

I know I've seen cases where the webpage does a progressive type of thing, downloading only what the user sees in the moment. So if you scroll through it to the bottom, then everything is downloaded and generating a pdf works.
 
With Firefox and Chrome on Ubuntu, everything is fine on my end. The only "lazy" loading is with the images for the YouTube videos.

What browser do you have? Does the console in DevTools show errors that could be helpful? On Chrome, I do have this warning that may be relevant to your case:
the-mathematics-of-tuning-systems/:1 Mixed Content: The page at 'https://johncarlosbaez.wordpress.com/2025/12/26/the-mathematics-of-tuning-systems/' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure element 'http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/azimuth_header.jpg'. This request was automatically upgraded to HTTPS, For more information see https://blog.chromium.org/2019/10/no-more-mixed-messages-about-https.html
The same warning on Firefox refers to https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Security/Defenses/Mixed_content .

In Firefox, I also have a few of this warning for some images (https://s0.wp.com/images/blue_flower/bg.jpg and https://s0.wp.com/images/blue_flower/pagebar.jpg , for example):
A resource is blocked by OpaqueResponseBlocking, please check browser console for details.
And I also have content blocked by my extension µBlock Origin (looks like pixel images for tracking).

Finally, I also have a few of the following, which I'm not sure to which requests they refer:
Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at data:text/plain;base64,Cg==. (Reason: CORS request not http). [Learn more]
 
I did get the mixed content warning, not the other two. Since it doesn't affect your rendering, it may not be related to my problem.

I will try on another computer later and other browsers as well.