In need of a good graphing program

In summary, the conversation was about finding a program that could create graphs and manipulate 3D objects for use in LaTeX. The person has tried basic programs like graph and in-TeX graphing, as well as gnuplot, but none of them meet their needs. They are looking for suggestions for a program that can create both 3D graphs and solids.
danzibr
Long story short, I've been looking for a program that can produce graphs like mathematica and manipulate 3D objects like google sketchup. Also, I'm going to work these pictures into LaTeX. I'm not sure if a program like this exists (unless maybe mathematica itself can do it).

I have basic programs like graph and I tried in-TeX graphing but those are limited to 2D. I also tried something called gnuplot, which produces 3D graphs just fine but is limited to wire frames and I need solids.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Dan

Mathematics news on Phys.org
You can find a couple of such programs here: http://www.freesoftware4all.co.uk/category/3d-graphics

What is a graphing program?

A graphing program is a software tool that allows users to create visual representations of data in the form of graphs, charts, and other graphical displays.

Why do I need a graphing program?

A graphing program can help you better understand and analyze your data by presenting it in a visual format that is easier to interpret and draw insights from. It can also help you communicate your findings to others more effectively.

What features should I look for in a good graphing program?

A good graphing program should have a user-friendly interface, a wide range of graph types and customization options, the ability to import data from different sources, and the ability to export graphs in various formats. It should also have tools for data analysis and presentation.

Are there any free graphing programs available?

Yes, there are many free graphing programs available, such as Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, and Plotly. However, keep in mind that these programs may have limited features compared to paid ones.

How can I learn to use a graphing program effectively?

Most graphing programs come with tutorials, user guides, and online resources that can help you learn how to use them. You can also take online courses or attend workshops to improve your skills. Practicing with different datasets can also help you become more proficient in using a graphing program.