Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Include Mathcad files as allowed attachment extensions?

1. May 28, 2012 #1
    Hello,

I notice that there are a few people requesting help with Mathcad worksheet. To aid in the transfer of worksheets (as it can be quite difficult to diagnose a problem from just a picture), would it be possible to add Mathcad worksheets to the list of allowed attachments? The most common extensions are: .mcd (Mathcad versions <= 11), .xmcd & .xmcdz (Mathcad 12..15) and .mcdx (Mathcad Prime).

Thank you.

NR

2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2012 #2
    Good idea, I'll add it tomorrow, thanks!

4. May 28, 2012 #3
    Thank you. :smile:

5. May 28, 2012 #4
    I don't know if later versions of Mathcad can save as older types eg .mcd but can I urge anyone posting a Mathcad file to use an older type so that us old farts can read it.

6. May 28, 2012 #5
    The 'newer' versions save back a fixed number of versions. (depends what you call new, of course!)

M11: (mcd) 6,7,8, 2000, 2001,2001i
    M15: (mcd) 11, (xmcd,xmcdz) 12, 13,14

I haven't got M12..M14 installed, so can't check, but I think they all go back 4 versions.

Not all of the mcd file formats are backward compatible, so M6 won't read an M11 .mcd file, et sim for the xmcd files.

Mathcad Prime avoids the difficulty by not going back to anything (there is, however, an import utility that does conversion to its .mcdx format from Mathcad proper).

NR

7. May 31, 2012 #6
    the extensions have been added, thanks

8. May 31, 2012 #7
    Thank You.

NR

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook