1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Include MOOC certificates in transfer applications?

1. Jan 24, 2015 #1
    I'm miserable at my current school. I want to make my chances at being accepted elsewhere as high as possible. I take a lot of online courses through edX and Coursera, and I've done the verified certificate thing for a few of them, and some of them were targeted at seniors and graduates. I'm just wondering if including that somehow would improve my chances a little.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 24, 2015 #2

IGU

Of course. Everything helps. Showing that you are interested in being educated and what you choose to spend your time on is a great differentiator. If you self-study things you should include those too, even if you have no evidence or assessment of your ability. So, to be clear, it's important to include the relevant MOOCs; the certificates are unlikely to matter much.

Note that you are unlikely to get "credit" for these things, but they will likely affect admission and placement.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook