Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Incredible Adventures dream vacations

1. Feb 15, 2012 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Fly a MiG over Moscow, go to the edge of space, drive a submarine, swim with sharks, balloon over the Alps, this company offers some truly incredible adventures. I still hope to fly a MiG before I'm too old.
    http://www.incredible-adventures.com/

Their menu has expanded greatly since I first became interested in their MiG program, but I just received an email with their latest adventure, which made me LOL. Funny!!!

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 16, 2012 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A lot of views but no favorites?

I wonder what their rocket flight cost; probably far out of my price range even in a best case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWi0H0WsfdY

4. Feb 18, 2012 #3
  5. Feb 18, 2012 #4

DaveC426913

Gold Member

I'll fly those jets to get practice until that suborbital flight is ready!

6. Feb 19, 2012 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You can have a group of six for < $50K; so a little over 8K a piece. Is ice driving big up there such that other people might want to do it? I'd never really heard of this before.

The last time I checked, the MiGs over Moscow deal was nice but really spendy - about $20K, and no group deals. You stay in a five-star hotel and it takes a week for the training, but it only includes one flight day. Of course, the price of fuel alone must be staggering.

I'm still torn between the high-speed combat maneuvers flight, and the edge of space flight, which were both about the same price. There was a deal available out of Vegas where you can fly a trainer jet for a much lower price, but I'm still shooting for the MiGs - its a race between the economy, my business, and my age. I thought I was on my way about five years ago, but that plan came to an abrupt end in 2007.

I did the Air Combat gig, which is I think still only about $1000. It was incredible and well worth every dime for thrill junkies.
    http://www.incredible-adventures.com/air_combat_adventures.html

The halo [30,000 foot] jumps look interesting and only cost about $4K - getting in the range of the price of many typical vacation packages.

7. Feb 19, 2012 #6

DaveC426913

Gold Member

I must have read it wrong. I thought the page said $2500-$6000. Oh. That was for the L-39 adventure.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook