Instant center of Velocity (check if I did it correctly)

  • Thread starter Thread starter SagarPatil
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Center Velocity
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
SagarPatil
Messages
34
Reaction score
2

Homework Statement


Velocity of point C = 0.2 m/s going down
Find VB, VD, Angular velocity of BCD and Angular Velocity of AB

Homework Equations


V=wr
Sine and cosine law

The Attempt at a Solution



Drawing of the question

Please note that BCD is one link (L shape)
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Your work looks good except for your calculation of vD at the end of your notes. Did you use the correct distance?

Also, did you use the correct distance, r, when calculating ωAB?

Also, since the question asks for velocities rather than speeds, you might need to include directions for the velocities.
 
Looks right to me

Ah, I see I didst use the correct radius. Thanks!

Yea, I will put the direction in the end
 
Are you using the center of rotation of CBD to find vD?

Your red arrow representing the direction of vD is incorrect.
 
TSny said:
Are you using the center of rotation of CBD to find vD?

Your red arrow representing the direction of vD is incorrect.

ok, so I am using the relative velocity to find VD.

The red arrow for vd is Vd/B

Vd is at point D going left an angle of 45 degree (assuming)