Integral, Measure and Derivative: A Unified Approach by Shilov

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
jmjlt88
Messages
94
Reaction score
0
Greetings!

Can anyone tell me a little bit about the book Integral, Measure and Derivative: A Unified Approach by Shilov? Is it suitable for self-study? I am wishing to study the basics of measure theory. I will be using the text alongside Kreyszig's Funcational Analysis. Having already started the Kreyszig text, I can comment that it is crystal clear! As such, I am looking for a text at a similar level of difficulty (or written at the same level of clarity). Thank you for the input.


https://www.amazon.com/dp/0486635198/?tag=pfamazon01-20

P.S. I also purchased Cohn's text on Measure Theory. I have skimmed it; it seems "alright." I would maybe like to use that text as a follow up.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Frankly, I haven't. However, I have read several of his other works (Elementary Real and Complex Analysis, Linear Algebra, Elementary Functional Analysis), and so I can attest to the superb quality of his writting.