Integrating Data with the Trapezoidal Rule on the HP 50g Calculator

  • Thread starter Thread starter marcio
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
marcio
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Dear friends

Does the HP 50g integrate data (x,y) using numerical methods such as the trapezoidal rule?

Many thanks
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I already have. Did not help much. I have both manuals, none of them mention integration of data that I could use.
 
Alright...I have been studying... and did this, but it is not working...Could you help me out finding the problem here?

M([X; Y]) is a matrix on the stack. So, based on the trapezoidal rule, I need to compute:

sum of (Xb-Xa)*(Yb+Ya) then divide it by 2.

<< -> M
______<< M SIZE OBJ-> DROP DROP 'p'
____________<< 0 'A' STO
_________________2 p FOR i
_______________________A 'ABS((M(i,1)-M(i-1,1))*(M(i,2)+M(i-1,2)))' EVAL + 'A' STO
_________________NEXT
_________________A 2 / "Area" -> TAG
_____________>>
______>>
>>

Any help will be very much appreciated.
 
Last edited: