Interesting Veritasium YouTube on PCR tests and how they came to be

  • Thread starter Thread starter gmax137
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Chain
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 4K views
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Messages
3,212
Reaction score
3,841


I found this to be very interesting - as someone who never really paid attention to biology. I have heard of PCR testing during the CoVid days, but I didn't know what "polymerase" is, or what "chain reaction" had to do with the test.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Astronuc, Tom.G and jedishrfu
Biology news on Phys.org
Veritaseum has a checkered history with some of his videos. One should always second source his stuff. His videos on speed of light measurement and electricity in a wire are particularly atrocious. He's also been known to misquote Einstein.