Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Introduce myself and want ask for suggestion

1. Jul 27, 2008 #1
    Hello
    I am the Theoretiker. In real life people call me AJ. I am from Freiburg, which is a town in the south of Germany. I am studying physics at the Albert Ludwigs University. Until yet I was very active in certain German forums, but I am on a point in my education, where I have to say, that english is such an important language, that I decided to change in an english forum for learning science in english.
    I want to say sorry for grammer mistakes. I am working and learning for better grammer. In the fall I will visit english courses and I hope it will change the problems.

At the moment I am creating a homepage. I want make it in english, that most of the people in the world could use it. Up to now are the materials in German, but I am collecting for english stuff and will make it online soon. Because of my bad English, could you correct my language please? I would be thankful for suggestion. The url is:

http://www.Physik-Diplom.de.tl

In this case, thanks and for good posting ;)
    Greetings

p.s.
    I quoted this Forum in the Page, that I always have it direct and other people of my courses would find to this one :)
    I hope it is okay. If not, I will remove it.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 27, 2008 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome to PF! This is a great place to practice English as it is used in science, or just everyday English here in General Discussion.

4. Jul 27, 2008 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Hi Theoretiker, welcome to PF! I am sure that you will find many people here willing to help.

5. Jul 27, 2008 #4

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome to PF!

p.s. What's the German word for "fish"?

6. Jul 27, 2008 #5
    thanks to everyone :)

@Math Is Hard
    If you mean the animal, the German word is Fisch :) Just a "c" between the "sh"
    I hope my picture don't reminds you on fishes :redface:

7. Jul 27, 2008 #6

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks! I am just trying to learn some German.

I didn't see your picture. Where is it?

8. Jul 27, 2008 #7
    Theoretiker, welcome to PF !

Your website looks good so far. But do you really need this "physics" around the mouse ? :rolleyes:

9. Jul 27, 2008 #8
    Welcome to the forum Theoretiker. At some point new members are greeted with a traditional whack on the head with a cyber frozen mackerel. Be very careful.:smile:

10. Jul 27, 2008 #9
    Thanks for your suggestion. I am scheduling a Java mouse but at the Moment I haven't got the time for programming on it. Until then I taked this Script with the turning Physics, because normal cursers are terrible boring :) It is in plan to bring the current pointer in retirement.

thx, I keep my eyes open [​IMG] :)

11. Jul 27, 2008 #10

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Herzlich willkommen! I'm sure you'll find the forums interesting and your English will improve. :smile:

12. Jul 27, 2008 #11

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

too late..

[​IMG]

13. Jul 27, 2008 #12
    ah, now I understand. You mean the red herring. No I don't think so. I hope... *laugh* :biggrin:

14. Jul 27, 2008 #13

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Actually that was the orange roughy, which ironically, isn't very rough. I was gentle because I like you. :smile:

15. Jul 27, 2008 #14
    Ohh ok, thx :)

16. Jul 27, 2008 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome, Theoretiker. Yes, this is a good place to learn English, especially if you need to learn it to use for physics. Depending on who you talk to, you can even learn a little of both American English and British English. :biggrin:

17. Jul 27, 2008 #16

~christina~

Gold Member

I like it. It seems a bit loose though. (It isn't following the mouse so well, the ones I've seen have it following it as close as 1mm) It does give you something to look at or be distracted by.

18. Jul 27, 2008 #17

zyh

I can't access the page "http://www.Physik-Diplom.de.tl" directly, because it's banned by some net censorship in China. But I can use proxy to access. I'm a student studying Computer vision and robotics. This is a good place to lean and imporve English.:smile:. I hope PF will never be banned.:rolleyes:

19. Jul 27, 2008 #18

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi zyh - have you posted in General Discussion before? I don't think I've seen you here.

Yes, I hope PF never gets banned for you!

20. Jul 27, 2008 #19

zyh

Thanks for your reply.
    Actually I havn't post here before.
    I mean that the local government (here in China) will never ban PF, so I can access PF directly (not through HTTP proxies).

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  21. Jul 27, 2008 #20
    Start one or two threads and pf is blocked :devil: :mad:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?