Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hi everybody! I thought I'd introduce myself. I have been lurking

1. Feb 14, 2008 #1
    Hi everybody! I thought I'd introduce myself. I have been lurking around on this forum for awhile now. Yes, I am a newb.
    I'm 14 and I'm doing A science fair project on particle physics. I watched a documentry on the search for the Higg's Boson particle and I thought it would be a interesting topic.
    I have some understanding of particle physics. After I figured out what I was doing, I read the book " the God Particle" By Leon Lederman which gave me a very brief understanding of quarks, leptons, forces ect.
    I still have a lot of questions and I only have two weeks to finish my project. I hope you can help.

James

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 14, 2008 #2
    Welcome to PF, you will find alot of people who share the same interest.

4. Feb 14, 2008 #3
    I read that book too.

It's a great book and Double-L is a remarkable Physicist.

If you want to go just a little bit deeper read The Theory of Almost Everything by Robert Oerter, it explains what Leon touched on (things like QED, and QCD in a more technical term) but still leaves that nasty math stuff out for 14 year olds like you :P

5. Feb 15, 2008 #4
    That math stuff can be confusing :biggrin: thanks for the replys

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?