Is an Economics Forum the Next Frontier for Science Communication?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CPL.Luke
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 3K views
CPL.Luke
Messages
440
Reaction score
0
As econophysics is an increasingly important field of physics, and we have forums on other sciences how bout a forum on economics?

personally I've become increasingly interested in economics as a subject and I think that having a foru on economics would be a wonderful opbout the subportunity for people to learn a bit more about the subject.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Seems as though there are too few threads on economics to justify a forum for it. But at present it looks like the word "Economics" on the Social Sciences forum label is truncated, which may make it harder to locate the proper forum.
 
yeah I hadn't seen it there at all, I would venture to guess that if we created the forum as a separate section a lot more traffic would show up.

EDIT: why would such a forum be superfluous?
 
CPL.Luke said:
yeah I hadn't seen it there at all, I would venture to guess that if we created the forum as a separate section a lot more traffic would show up.

EDIT: why would such a forum be superfluous?

because this is a physics forum and CLEARLY there is not enough interest for this topic
 
CPL.Luke said:
I would venture to guess that if we created the forum as a separate section a lot more traffic would show up.
That's not how things work here at PF. Now forums get created if and when there is a clear demand for such a forum. At the present time, I would not say that there are enough threads to warrant a new forum for Economics.
 
I hoped no one missed my suggestion earlier. I propose we remove the word "Archaeology" and replace it with "Economics" since Archaeology is covered by the History and Humanities subforum.
 
Defennder said:
I hoped no one missed my suggestion earlier. I propose we remove the word "Archaeology" and replace it with "Economics" since Archaeology is covered by the History and Humanities subforum.

I've added the full word "economics" now