Is Getting a Masters in Physics Abroad the Solution to My Career Confusion?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Karan_85
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I m from India and 90% colleges in India, they suck...I was pretty much into science from beginning but then i joined my college and lost track of everything. Didn't study much and spent whole time introspecting. I guess that's what colleges are for, esp the graduate courses are for - you try to know yourself and everything else doesn't matter to you. However after completing engineer and trying my hand in all sorts of professions, and hell lot of introspection nothing really intrigues me now but Physics. I have been reading 11th grade physics books and trying somehow to get out of this Job, a euphemism for a Prison. Job is all about people skills and management - no creativity etc

SO I m planning to go for my masters and really confused as in how to go about it - want to go for Masters in Physics for sure, but don't know which college to go for and how should I apply to one abroad. Is there any suitable option here in India or not?

If someone can guide me with that it would be really helpful.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
you can write GATE entrance exam and get into IISc
 
reddvoid said:
you can write GATE entrance exam and get into IISc

I was thinking of it..but first of all it is not easy to get into IISc. Although being old and very reputed i have this notion that Indian teachers are very rigid. and i was looking ..they have PhD courses for the course I m looking for.
But thanks for replying.