Is GO a popular game among college students?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
34 replies · 6K views
Yes I play it but it's easy to play the old program I have on my computer completely off the board. That's probably too aggressive and it may have learned me the wrong moves and I have no time (actually priority) to do it right.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I have just started.
Anyone have good sites to recommend with frequent players?
 
qedprigmosyno said:
I have just started.
Anyone have good sites to recommend with frequent players?

Try KGS Go server. You have to download a light interface (in java if I remember well) and there's always many players playing. You can either play of watch games that are being played. There are also a lot of other features... try it.
 
I actually played go for the first time in years this earlier this month! (I don't like playing online)

I remember I learned it back in college after reading somewhere that Conway created the surreal numbers to analyze the end game of go...

If anyone is in San Diego and wants to play a game (though I warn you, I'm pretty terrible - somewhere around 5k-15k USGO rating, which I think is a stone or two weaker than KGS ratings), hit me up!