Is H2O3 Safe for Consumption and Can It Be Made at Home?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Icelove
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 21K views
Icelove
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
I'm kinda ignorant towards chemistry, and what I've found leaves me with confusion, so I'm asking you guys the following questions:
- Is H2O3 good for the human body? I've read some stuff, but the contradictions were suspicious.
- If it's good, is it possible to create @ home? If it is, then how?

Thanks,
Icelove
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
I can't imagine it staying together in water for long enough for you to swallow it
 
Even if it existed.. it wouldn't be stable - what a double peroxide bond?
It would probably be a strong oxidizer, and oxidizers, such as peroxide, and a few others are pretty bad for the body - this is why Anti-oxidants are supposed to be good for you, prevent aging and all that crap.

Where did you even hear about H2O3? Are you sure you aren't thinking of H3O- which forms in acidic solutions...