Is it Possible to Earn a Masters Degree in Physics in Spain in Just 1 Year?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
shinobi20
Messages
277
Reaction score
20
Hi to all, I plan to get a masters degree in physics in Spain, but from the information I got, it only lasts for 1 year. Do anyone know if this is possible or plausible? As I know, the standard duration is 2 years. Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Not going to be of much help, but I can tell you something as I'm Spanish: In Spain, the basic Physics degree takes four years, while it's only 3 in the rest of Europe (don't know how long in the US); we don't make that distinction between Bsc and Msc, which is separating 3 and 4 year courses. Correct me if I'm wrong. So it's either 4 years or nothing, but after that, a lot Masters only last one year. That's the issue. But I'm sure you'll find 2 years masters if you search for them.
 
Hey I am actually looking to do the same. I just started searching around for an appropriate school in Barcelona.

I actually have a Finance BS so I'm not sure I would get accepted into a Masters program for Physics... which is probably grounds for a new thread in this forum! I did earn an A+ in my Physics course while getting my undergrad and I am sure I could get a good letter of recommendation for my professor.

What schools have you been looking into?