Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is it safe to jailbreak a 3.1.3 32gb ipod touch? If so how?

1. Aug 10, 2010 #1
    Is it safe to jailbreak a ipod touch 3.1.3 32gb? I heard it was leagal to jailbreak. I did some research and i have heard that the 32gb was not working, some say they got a virus and some say it froze up. I love my ipod so I dont want to get a virus. And if it's safe, what programs/software should I use.
    thank you in advance =]

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 10, 2010 #2
    With iOS4, it pretty much offers everything that jailbreaking does. So I wouldn't even bother. I have an iPod Touch 32GB and I just run iOS4 instead of the jailbreak. Works great.

4. Aug 10, 2010 #3
    Thank you. i will try that =]

5. Aug 11, 2010 #4
    I tried it and it didnt work. When I tried it I recived an alert that I need the new itunes. Then when I tried to download the new itunes it gave me an err alert and told me my ipod is not acceptable. My ipod had been hooked up all along working fine. So I stoped the download and restarted my computer. What do I do now?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook