Is it Worth Going Back to School for a Career in Physics?

• Thread starter Dan Alpha
  • Start date
In summary, pursuing a career in physics can be a worthwhile decision for those interested in the field. With a strong demand for physicists in various industries, including technology and research, there are plenty of job opportunities available. Additionally, a career in physics offers the potential for high salaries and the opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking discoveries and advancements in the scientific world. However, it also requires a significant amount of time and dedication to complete the necessary education and training, making it a decision that should be carefully considered. Ultimately, the decision to go back to school for a career in physics will depend on an individual's interests, goals, and dedication to the field.
Dan Alpha
I am a 25 y.o. software engineer in California with a longtime interest in physics. I regret not having studied physics in undergrad, and I am now considering going back to school or otherwise taking off significant time from my career to get to an advanced level of knowledge.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF

Likes Dan Alpha