Is Mass Really the Opposite of Energy?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter bobsmith76
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Mass
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
bobsmith76
Messages
336
Reaction score
0
To what extent is fair to say that mass is anti-energy or the opposite of energy?

Energy makes "things" move
Mass makes "things" resist movement

I have always had trouble understanding energy, mostly because it is not located in a particle, rather it is some abstract description of objects and what objects have. I'm starting to think that mass is equally abstract.

category justification: I put this in the high energy section since it deals with energy and mass.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
To what extent is fair to say that mass is anti-energy or the opposite of energy?

This looks to me like wordplay not physics.