Is Memorizing Drug Names Sufficient for Non-Medical Individuals?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Medicol
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Medicol
Messages
226
Reaction score
55
I have a plan to learn most commonly used drugs for common cold and chemotherapy related.
I am going to write them down in the following format

Drug name: xxxx
Chemical Compounds: xxxx
Intended Use: xxx
Warning: xxx

Each of them is shortly described. I still think I don't need to learn its compound though.
Do you think this is enough for my sole purpose that is to turn them into common knowledge ( because I am not a medical student ) ?

If anyone here is a druggist, could you tell me how long did it take you to memorize all common drug names ?
 
Biology news on Phys.org
Use pegging and method of loci. You can also use acronyms and acrostics to strengthen these memories.