Is NATURAL apple juice a clear liquid?

In summary: The only time you might have some sediment is if you're using a really fine filter.One site I've looked at says any fruit juice without pulp is a clear liquid...but that would mean orange juice is? which i highly doubtThey're both natural, clear juice is filtered.Yeah the clear stuff is just filtered through a fine mesh, mostly for marketability.
sportsstar469
what imean by natural is...u know how motts comes in regular and natural? well i bought the natural kind..but i bought store brand. if i wave my hand behind the bottle i can barely see it...(the shadow of it) with gatorade i can see it much clearer..but idont like gatorades...

one site I've looked at says any fruit juice without pulp is a clear liquid...but that would mean orange juice is? which i highly doubt

Physics news on Phys.org
They're both natural, clear juice is filtered.

Yeah the clear stuff is just filtered through a fine mesh, mostly for marketability. What you really want to look at is on top of the nutrition panel on the back. Above the panel it should say '100% juice'. This means they didn't take some juice, and add some sugar and water to it to make it cheaper for them to make.

Personally I just eat an apple! (better for ya)

The most refreshing drink I've ever had is fresh squeezed apple 'cider', and I don't mean the fermented kind. No preservatives, no pasteurization. I've yet to find anything in supermarkets that comes even close. When I was a kid (in Michigan), we used to go directly to the cider mill with a metal milk can and fill it to the brim. In California, I know one place (in the Sierra foothills) that makes it.

A close second is a mixture of lemonade (7up or Spite might work) and beer.

Apple juice very quickly discolours after pressing in the presence of oxygen. It goes a horrible brown colour which doesn't affect the flavour at all. When I'm making cider I put a bit of lemon juice in when I'm pulping, and try and do everything as quickly as possible, but it usually goes brown anyway!

Actually, if you filter it enough, you'll end up with just water and that's clear.

1. What makes apple juice a clear liquid?

Apple juice is a clear liquid because it has been filtered to remove any solids or pulp from the juice. This filtering process creates a smooth and transparent texture.

2. Is natural apple juice always clear?

No, natural apple juice can vary in clarity depending on the type of apple used and the processing method. Some natural apple juices may have a slightly cloudy appearance due to the presence of fine particles or sediment.

3. Does clear apple juice mean it is more natural?

Not necessarily. Clear apple juice can be achieved through various processing methods, including filtration, clarification, and pasteurization. The level of naturalness of apple juice is determined by the ingredients and processing techniques used, rather than its clarity.

4. Can clear apple juice still contain additives or preservatives?

Yes, clear apple juice can still contain additives or preservatives. The clarity of the juice does not necessarily indicate the presence or absence of these ingredients. It is important to read the ingredient list on the label to determine the content of the juice.

5. Can I make clear apple juice at home?

Yes, you can make clear apple juice at home by filtering freshly squeezed apple juice through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth. However, homemade apple juice may not have the same level of clarity as commercially produced juices due to the lack of industrial filtering equipment.