Is talking easier done than said?

• Thread starter Dremmer
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation suggests that it is easier to communicate by making sounds like "eeh" or "eh" instead of using complex language. It is also easier to type these sounds than asking questions like "Are you stoned?". There is also a suggestion that the speaker may be joking, but it is not clear.
Dremmer
I mean you can just say the sound "ee" or "oh" and that's easier than talking about talking.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hmm? What?:bugeye:

It's easier to say the sound "ee" or "oh", than saying "how about we talk".

It is also easier to type "ee" or "oh" than "Are you stoned?".What is your point?

bp_psy said:
It is also easier to type "ee" or "oh" than "Are you stoned?".What is your point?

You don't understand.

Dremmer said:
You don't understand.

No,I don't.

I think he/she is secretly suggesting that instead of using complex languages, humans should just resort to making sounds like, "eeh" or "eh"(if you're Canadian) to communicate.

I'm not sure though, he's not being terribly descriptive.

I let this continue to see if he had a joke to tell, but nothing.

Related to Is talking easier done than said?

1. Is talking easier done than said?

This question is often asked because it seems counterintuitive that something can be easier to do than to say. However, this phrase means that actions are often easier to perform than to describe or explain. So, while speaking may seem effortless, it often requires more thought and effort than actually performing the action.

2. What does "easier said than done" mean?

This phrase is typically used to convey that something may seem simple or easy to say, but is actually more difficult to do. It can also imply that the speaker is not actively taking steps to make the action happen. It is often used as a reminder to be mindful of the effort and dedication required for achieving a goal.

3. Why is it easier to talk than to do?

Talking is a form of communication that involves using language and words to express thoughts and ideas. It is a skill that most people have developed since childhood. On the other hand, doing or taking action requires physical effort, decision making, and often stepping outside of one's comfort zone. This can be more challenging for some individuals.

4. Can talking be more difficult than doing?

While talking may seem effortless for some people, it can actually be more difficult for others. For individuals who struggle with communication or have social anxiety, speaking can be a daunting task. Additionally, talking about difficult or emotional topics can also be challenging. So, for some individuals, talking may be more difficult than doing.

5. How can I make talking easier for myself?

There are a few strategies that can make talking easier. First, practice active listening and try to understand the other person's perspective. This can help to reduce communication barriers and make talking more natural. Additionally, practicing speaking in front of a mirror or with a friend can help build confidence. Finally, try to speak slowly and clearly, and take breaks if needed. Remember that communication is a skill that can be improved with practice.