Is the book "Fundamentals of Aerodynamics" in SI units?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
5 replies · 3K views
user079622
Messages
449
Reaction score
29
Has "international edition" or "international student edition" of Fundamentals of aerodynamics(John Anderson) SI units and what is the difference between US version?

This is pdf "SI units" version, but I see english units again, page 34 for example, so what is SI units version??

https://books.google.hr/books?id=HG...ce=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false
 
Physics news on Phys.org
From your link, p.18-19:

page-18.png
page-19.png
 
  • Informative
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD and berkeman
jack action said:
I guess the "normal version" doesn't have SI units?
I now compare pdf of both versions everything is the same, both versions use SI and english units..:oldconfused:
 
By the time you are actually employed in aerospace, you will know both systems by heart and will (roughly) convert between them subconsciously. As long as so many altimeters are in feet and that is the unit that typical pilots in some large countries understand, those units will remain.